just before the current year finds its way into the history books I am sending this email to say hello and wish you all and your families Merry Christmas and a good start into the year 2022. Hoping this finds you and your loved ones well I greet you cordially and fraternally – stay safe
Tuesday 7th December 2021 - 8:30 pm Devine Service
On behalf of RWM Brother Brian McFadyen, please note that the next regular meeting on Tuesday 7th December 2021 has been cancelled. This is due to the Town Hall being used as a vaccination centre until 8.15pm. Any business will be carried over to the January meeting.
Please note, however, that the Annual Divine Servicewill take place in the Saloon of the Town Hall at 8.30pm next Tuesday 7th December 2021 to which family and friends are warmly invited. The service will be conducted by Brother James P. Livingstone. No Regalia to be worn, just lounge suits or masonic dress..
A short harmony will be held following the service.
We will be following Scottish Government, Local Authority and Grand Lodge/PGL guidelines for the foreseeable future with mask wearing for all attendees at all times and recording of names/phone numbers for track and trace. Hand sanitiser will be available.Please refer to the Protocols below for attending meetings
LODGE GREENOCK KILWINNING No XII
PROTOCOLS FOR ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS
• Do not attend meeting if you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell or are showing any symptoms of COVID-19
• A Face Covering MUST we worn unless medically exempt. Hand Sanitiser is readily available and it’s use encouraged.
• On entering the Foyer of the Town Hall follow the one-way system signage/barriers.
• Provide name and contact number to OB manning the desk, (where Sederunt Book normally is situated), for Track and Trace. Please ensure social distancing if queuing to provide name. No requirement to sign Sederunt Book.
• Once you have completed the above - proceed into the saloon and go directly to a seat. You should get changed at your seat and keep coat/case beside it. Do not move any seats. (A 2 metre Socially Distanced area will be set up in the West for anyone wishing to use it). Face Coverings are to be worn during the meeting.
• When leaving the Saloon for any reason you should leave by door adjacent to the stage whilst following the one way system. Re-enter by following one-way system.
• Only one person is allowed in the Masters Room and the Cupboard for lodge furniture.
• Please follow the instructions of RWM and OB’s at all times.
• On completion of Meeting, we intend to have a short Harmony. You should take the seat you used during the meeting to the table you intend sitting at. Per current guidelines, once seated you may remove your face covering.
On Tuesday 16th November 2021, Freemasons from within and outwith the Province of Renfrewshire West will gather in Greenock Town Hall to attend the 293rd Annual Installation of the RWM and Office Bearers of Lodge Greenock Kilwinning No XII. They will witness the installation of Bro Brian McFadyen as Right Worshipful Master of the Lodge. Bro McFadyen succeeds Bro J. Robert Crossan who has held the post of RWM for the last Three (3) years. The Lodge was Instituted in 1728 and was represented at Mary’s Chapel, Edinburgh at the institution of the Grand Lodge of Scotland on 30th November 1736.
During his term in of office Bro McFadyen aims to lead the Lodge out of this dark period caused by the Pandemic, continue the growth of the Lodge and to further enhance its involvement within the community by continuing its already significant charitable work supporting local organisations. Bro. Brian also intends to support Sister Lodges in Scotland and beyond. In being elected as Right Worshipful Master, Bro McFadyen will follow in a long line of distinguished citizens who have held this position. He has been a member of Lodge Greenock Kilwinning No. XII since 1983.
Originally from Greenock, Bro. Brian was educated at “The Mount” School and on leaving commenced an apprenticeship with J & W Kerr Group Ltd as a Heating & Ventilation Engineer. He later worked for Western SMT before joining the Ministry of Defence Police in 1986 and moved to Bishopton. Bro. Brian affiliated to a local lodge, The Lodge of Erskine No.1566, and became their RWM in 2014-15. Bro Brian retired from the Ministry of Defence Police in 2019, where he was a Police Sergeant, after having completed over 32 years exemplary Police Service. He now spends his time playing golf at Erskine Golf Club. Bro. Brian is married to Brenda and they have a Son and Daughter.
Bro McFadyen is looking forward to becoming the new Right Worshipful Master of Lodge Greenock Kilwinning No XII and the challenges he will face. In the meantime, he wishes to extend a very warm welcome to Brethren from within and outwith the Province and looks forward to meeting you.